The following is a list of the art assignments each student was given, in Mrs. Sparhawk’s class. For today’s journal, click on the link that applies to the character you drew for Hobbit Topic #24. So, for example, if you drew “Bombur asleep beside the Enchanted River”, then you will click on the link “Bombur” which is highlighted below.
The link will take you to a wikipedia page, which will include information about the character you drew. See the bottom of this journal page for further instructions.
Character Art Assignments for The Hobbit
2. Anjelica: Draw Gollum paddling his boat away from his underground island.
3. Matt: Draw the trolls, Tom and Bert, sitting around their fire.
4. Rick: Draw Smaug attacking Esgaroth.
5. Megahn: Draw Bilbo Baggins at the top of a tree, in the middle of Mirkwood.
6. Kahlan: Draw an intelligent spider wrapping dwarves in cocoons.
7. Christina: Draw Thorin Oakenshield standing before the secret entrance to the caves below Lonely Mountain.
8. Tori: Draw Gandolf fighting off the Wargs with magic, flaming pine cones.
9. Derek: Draw Fili and Kili emerging from empty wine barrels, along the shores near the Lake-town of Esgaroth.
10. Cooper: Draw Bard the Bowman protecting the Lake-town of Esgaroth.
11. Haley: Draw Elrond in the Valley of Rivendell.
12. Shariah: Draw the Lord of the Eagles speaking to Gandalf on the Great Shelf, with the Green River plains in the distance.
13. Kevin: Draw the Great Goblin convicting Thorin and Company, from his stronghold in the goblin tunnels.
14. J.C.: Draw the thrush a the entrance to the city of Dale.
15. Student #15 has moved.
16. Amy: Draw a pony at the entrance to Mirkwood Forest.
17. Morgan: Draw a wood-elf in the Elvenking’s underground court.
18. Kalem: Draw Bombur asleep beside the Enchanted River.
19. Addee: Draw the Master of the Lake-town, Esgaroth.
20. A.J.: Draw Dwalin and Balin at Bilbo’s tea party, in Bilbo’s hobbit-hole.
21. Autumn: Draw Bilbo wearing mithril, with the dragon horde behind him.
22. Misti: Draw a gobin soldier, guarding the exit from the goblin caves.
23. Gage: Draw Beorn in his home setting, with his animals around him.
Your assignment for Hobbit Topic #25 is to become an expert on the character you’ve been assigned. Know everything there is to know about him/her/it. In the front of your spiral journal, jot down the following to help you:
- at least five important facts about the character or creature you were assigned, based upon the link to that character/creature in wikipedia
- any details that might be helpful in determining whether or not the drawing you created for Hobbit Topic #24 was accurate
- information needed to correctly cite wikipedia in a report
For your journal entry today, do the following in the response you submit here:
- list the five facts you learned about your character
- if you made any blaring mistakes in your drawing, describe them
- cite wikipedia correctly, telling exactly where you got this information, and including the URL (which you can paste into your submission reply box, by opening another tab and going back to your wikipedia page)