Are you currently reading one of the classics? When you finish the first 20 pages, do the following journal challenge:
- In your submission (use the comment button), name the title and author of your book.
- Write a journal question about predicting. Make it an open-ended question (one that has no particular right or wrong answer).
- Answer your own journal question with a two or three sentence response.
Want an example? Here’s one:
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- My “predicting” question is: Predict which two characters will be most important to this book. Explain why you think those two characters will be important to the story.
- The response I’m giving for my own question is: I believe the captain (who doesn’t give his real name) and the boy, Jim, will both be very important, because both of them seem to be featured the most at the start of the book.